Design principles embody our design philosophy and guide the design decision making process.
See the big picture
Keep the platform in mind. No matter how small the design decision, consider the strategy and larger impacts on the entire platform.
- Consider the impact of the design change on all user types beyond the primary role.
- Seek out opportunities for collaboration between users through our products.
- Consider the impact of your work on the larger market.
- Refer to existing patterns and internal guidelines to ensure consistency of UX across the platform.
Commit to continuous improvement. Implement where you can to generate feedback on which to improve.
- Seek out validation of design assumptions through a cycle of implementation and user feedback.
- Develop strategies to collect data with which to evolve and improve implemented solutions.
- Provide the user with incremental improvements, rather than perfecting a design and shipping it all at once.
- Advocate for the incremental improvements of the design solution.
Give users full control and transparency. Provide the user with timely and relevant information that empowers them with the tools they need to move forward.
- Leverage in-app training, help, and supporting documentation.
- Provide transparency of automated processes.
- Build trust through timely and relevant recommendations.
- When designing, consider varying levels of user proficiency and different user needs.
Pursue collaboration within the design team, the company, and with customers. Multiple perspectives make better products.
- Maintain a positive and productive work relationship with your Product Manager.
- Seek out opportunities to include your developers in the design process.
- Establish and nurture partnerships with clients and subject matter experts.
- Contribute to a shared understanding by documenting knowledge.
Think beyond design
Seek out a deep understanding of our industry, users, and business and use cases in order to better shape product solutions.
- Invest in early stages of research to establish a deep understanding of the problem space.
- Understand the competing priorities of different disciplines within Nulogy.
Value great design
Great products are accessible, efficient, delightful, and easy to learn. Strike the right balance that matches the product's current maturity stage and work towards normalizing the balance across our products.
- Comply with WCAG 2.1. AA accessibility guidelines within your control.
- Optimize experiences for specific needs based on supporting data and research.
- Make the extra effort to create delightful experiences to help drive adoption.